It’s finally here……the start of the 2019 AEP! I don’t know about you, but time sure flew.There are SIGNIFICANT CHANGES THIS YEAR TO THE AHIP. Please make sure to read this email in its entirety as it will help you get prepared for 2019.You will also be receiving a number of emails in the coming days regarding the Anthem certification process. This email should give you a start and a heads-up on a few things so let’s get started….
Here’s what you need to know:
- Certification opened June 27, 2018!
- Completed certification taken after June 27, 2018 allows you to sell for the remainder for 2018 AND 2019.
- AHIP has UPDATED the information in various sections to include new legislation. So please add more time. See below for more details.
- If you are NOT appointed with Anthem BCBS and would like to sell any of the Medicare products, please click this link
- AHIP - if you go through our website, there is a discount on the standard cost of $175; it will cost the same as last year, $125.
- The exam is open book and the slides are very helpful.
- To download the slides, click into the module, then on left side click download slides. Click the save button and save to a file folder for this year’s AHIP.
- Section 1 and 3 have been updated with new legislation and regulation information. Please make sure to spend some time reviewing Section 3 as it pertains to Part D.
- Section 5 talks about the Open Enrollment Period in detail.
- Please make sure to download the slides in each section
- These slides and information are great reference tools
throughout the year.
- To download, click the link on the left side of the page
- A new browser will come up with the document. Move your mouse and you will see a save button that looks like a floppy disk.
- Click that save button and save the file to your desktop or a folder.
- You have 3 attempts to pass the exam.
- If you are re-certifying, you only have to complete sections 4 & 5, but the exam includes all 5 sections.
- There are Continuing Education credits that you can purchase for an additional cost PRIOR to taking the exam.
- Fraud, Waste, and Abuse training – Nondiscrimination Training
- New module has quiz questions. Quizzes are not pass/fail.
- Final exam requires 70% to pass module
- FWA module now has 5 quizzes, plus a final that you need to score 70% to pass.